So I had a little revelation this week during one of my kitchen experiments. I had some leftover graham cracker crumbs. And cream cheese. So I started mixing them together. Next thing I know, I’m adding in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Then dunking them in melted chocolate. Yep – I had a bon bon revelation. Never realized I could make these little guys so easily with cream cheese. I mean, these are s’mores bon bons, but the possibilities here are endless. I’m so excited! Ah, when I open my bakery someday, I am going to offer these little bon bons. They’re so easy but sooo good!
2 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1. Wash your hands well! This is a very interactive recipe.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese, and salt. Set aside remaining 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs.
3. Use hands to mix graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese, and salt until dough forms into one mound.
4. Add in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup marshmallows until well incorporated. Set aside remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows.
5. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Form dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and set on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Freeze for 10 minutes.
6. In small mixing bowl, microwave chocolate chips on high for about 30-45 seconds, stirring until just melted. Use a spoon to dip each ball into melted chocolate until coated.
Place ball (bon bon) back onto cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle top with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Press one miniature marshmallow into top of each bon bon.
7. Freeze bon bons 15-20 minutes until chocolate is set.